The goal of the Developmental Program Pre-Travel is to create an environment where all participants gain a positive soccer experience in preparation for the future and our more comprehensive Travel program. This soccer program is designed to attend to the needs of the entire age group of players and committed to the development of all players. The curriculum will continue to focus on the player's comfort level with the ball, learning to work cooperatively with their peers, while introducing additional game-like conditions and situations. Players must therefore be in an environment that is fun and creative providing each with the necessary opportunities each week. One of the key components to this overall goal is to have the entire age group train and play its games as a pool each week in order to provide consistency with the teaching of the game for all. Players will be rotated through a series of roster moves each week to provide equal opportunities.
U8 things you need to know:
- U8 Pre-Travel becomes the first opportunity for parents to choose between this program and our Intramural program. You may choose both if you wish.
- The Age group will have SSC selected Professional Trainers who will be responsible for all training and game day duties. If the age group has multiple teams, the Professional Trainers will coordinate a continual series of roster rotations focusing on balanced teams each week.
- U8 will now train 2x week. Wednesdays and another night TBD.
- The teams will continue to participate in the JSS in the fall and the spring.
- ALL players are to play a minimum 50% of each game. Some may play more, none will play less.
- The teams will participate in 2-3 tournaments and indoor training
- Program cost for 2014-2015 is $950.
- Administrators will be responsible for:
- collection of birth certificates and passport pictures in early July to prepare for our JSS passes.
- preparation of JSS Player Roster and Coaches Roster for submission to JSS.
- printing, preparing, and laminating of all player and coaches passes.
- consistent communication to parents of ongoing events including weekly rosters.
- collection of CASH to be prepared to pay referee $20 on the field of each game of the season.
- preparation of game day roster template and matching set of player passes for each game each week.
- submit online registrations for all tournaments chosen for the fall and spring seasons.
- attend and complete tournament registration nights in person as scheduled, usually week of the tournament.
- maintain a positive parent involvement on the sidelines and report issues of poor behavior back to the Competition Committee.
- provide feedback to the Lead Trainer periodically to allow for any potential adjustments in training plans.
- meet/report back to the SSC Competition Committee regarding progress at end of each season.
Click Here To Register